Terms for buying goods and services on our website
Version: 2.0. Issue date: 15/6/16.
If you are a consumer
- If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a contract during the period set out below. This means that, during the relevant period, if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the contract is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- This cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- sealed audio or sealed video recordings, or sealed computer software, once these products are unsealed after you receive them;
- software or electronic subscription products or downloadable templates, documents, books or reports in pdf or other electronic format (digital content, the value of which is inherent in the information and/or analysis that has been delivered and which, by its nature, cannot be returned) in respect of which consumers waive, on receipt of the digital content, any right of contract cancellation;
- any products that become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery;
- any products that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- any services where you have specifically requested a visit for the purpose of carrying out urgent repairs or maintenance;
- where the first day for delivery of any service, whether training or consultancy, falls within a period of 14 days from the day on which the service was purchased, then your right of cancellation does not apply on or after the last business day preceding the first day for delivery of that service. There are further terms, set out below, that apply specifically to the purchase of training courses through our sites.
- Your legal right to cancel a contract starts from the date we confirm our acceptance of your order, which is when the contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
||End of the cancellation period
Your contract is for a single product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days).
The end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the product. Example: if we provide you with an order confirmation on 1 January and you receive the product on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January.
Your contract is for either of the following:
- one product delivered in instalments on separate days.
- multiple products delivered on separate days.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the product or the last of the separate products ordered. Example: if we provide you with an order confirmation on 1 January and you receive the first instalment of your product or the first of your separate products on 10 January and the last instalment or last separate product on 15 January you may cancel in respect of all instalments and any or all of the separate products at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 29 January.
Your contract is for the regular delivery of a product over a set period.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of the products. Example: if we provide you with an order confirmation on 1 January in respect of products to be delivered at regular intervals over a year and you receive the first delivery of your product on 10 January, you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January. 24 January is the last day of the cancellation period in respect of all products to arrive during the year.
If any of these terms is at any time held in any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void, and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
No waiver by the Company, in exercising any right, power or provision hereunder shall operate as a waiver of any other right or of that same right at a future time; nor shall any delay in exercise of any power or right be interpreted as a waiver.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the user explicitly accepts that only the law courts of England have jurisdiction to deal with any matter arising from or in any way, whether directly or indirectly, related to the use of this website and, accordingly, the user explicitly waives all and any rights to bring any action of any sort in relation to this website, or to any transaction carried out with it, or any data stored on it or provided to it in any court anywhere else in the world.
- To cancel a contract, you need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to complete the form attached to these terms. Please notify us of your decision to cancel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the electronic purchase sale number, the date of the transaction and the items purchased. This letter must contain a categorical statement that goods that have been delivered have not been copied, duplicated or used in any way. Please also obtain a Returns Number at the time of notifying us of your decision to cancel, and we will at that time also notify you of our returns address.
- If you cancel your contract, we will:
- refund you the price you paid for the products. However, please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way that would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount. refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method). For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
- if you have received the product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
if you have not received the product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the contract.
- If you have returned the product to us because it is faulty or not as described, we will refund the price of the product in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- We will refund you on the credit or debit card you used to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the product, we may refund you in vouchers. If you paid via PayPal or some similar payment processor, or via bank transfer, we will make the refund by the same route.
- If a product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel the contract:
- you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the contract. You should send the product back to the address stated on our website.<
- unless the product is faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the product to us. If the product is one that cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier that delivered the product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery.
- Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with the contract entered into between us. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund outlined above or anything else in these terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- No waiver
- Governing law
Online purchasing agreements
Only those organisations that have approved credit accounts are authorised to place orders through our websites using a purchase order, as documented in an Online Purchasing Agreement. All purchases made by means of a purchase order are subject to specific terms as set out in that organisation’s Online Purchasing Agreement.