Dealing with a personal data security breach is undoubtedly a chaotic and stressful experience, but you need to act quickly in order to meet the GDPR’s (General Data Protection Regulation) 72-hour data breach reporting requirement. Any breach that poses a risk to the rights and freedoms of data subjects must be reported to the relevant supervisory authority – the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) in the UK.
With personal data breaches an increasingly imminent threat, it’s vital that your organisation is prepared to respond appropriately in a crisis – time is of the essence.
Quickly and effectively navigate the GDPR’s strict notification requirements in a structured and compliant manner with our new GDPR Data Breach Support Service. Receive support from our team of DPO consultants, cyber security experts and legal advisors all in one place.
The GDPR Data Breach Support Service supports you during an incident, and more importantly, helps you respond in a GDPR-compliant manner. Our specialist team will take the lead and guide you through this difficult time, alleviating the pressure so that you can resume your normal business operations.
We will work with you to:
- Develop a suitable response and take immediate action;
- Identify if the incident is a ‘reportable data breach’ under the Regulation;
- Help you to investigate the cause(s) of the incident;
- Report the breach on your behalf to the relevant supervisory authority and manage subsequent communications between yourself and the regulator (if required);
- Assess whether there is a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals affected by the breach;
- Document the facts relating to the breach, its effects and the remedial action taken; and
- Evaluate how a recurrence can be avoided.
The GDPR Data Breach Support Service is available in three packages, allowing you to choose the most appropriate option for your organisation. Our retainer services offer proactive support prior to the occurrence of an incident to strengthen your readiness posture, and our emergency response service enables us to assist you if you’re experiencing an incident and require urgent assistance.